G.E.D

Anyone gotten theirs? my cousin is studying for hers,and i was struck by how easy the curriculum is! Is it tailored to what you are able to do? If so,that's so wrong.There should be a challenge. The books she has seemed to be on a 7th grade level!

TMJ121099

Asked by TMJ121099 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Wow, must be a different school district or less stringent educational regulations for that state.
    My husband earned his GED about 4 years after he dropped out of high school and the class he was in to prepare him for the test gave out more difficult material than what we had to learn in school. He passed the test, though, and has already earned 2 degrees in college. He is currently working on his MBA and plans to go further by earning a PhD. He is very intelligent and no one should be swayed by earning a GED....they are no less a benchmark of one's education than a high school diploma.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:00 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I took mine years ago and it was really easy, long, but easy.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 10:39 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I took mine in 1996. It was super easy and I scored VERY high on all subjects. I didn't even really study for it either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• OP-wow! I'm stumped on how this is acceptable.If I were an employer,I'd be a little scared to hire someone with a ged then.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I think it depends on the state and where you left off at or what you know how to do My sister had to take a placement test. She has to get through one level before she can get to the next one. It is a challenge for most people taking the G.E.D. I know my sister has started the program so many times.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 10:59 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Yes, my GED test was easy for me, but seriously, look at what kids are really learning in high school, its comparable if you ask me...
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2010