im 5 and a half months pregnant and i havnt felt my baby move in one whole day should i worry?

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 AM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Have you tried doing kick counts? Usually when you're closer to delivery the baby doesn't move as much because there isn't much room. The doc told me to make sure and lay down, preferably on my left side, and just relax. Count how many times your baby moves and if you don't get to 10 within one hour you should call the doc. Maybe you should try that if you haven't already. Otherwise I would suggest calling the doc to see if they have any other suggestions or cause for worry.

Honestly, it seems a little early in your pregnancy to worry about not feeling your baby move for one day. Are you working? Usually if you're busy throughout the day you don't realize if the baby moves or not, at least that's how I was.

Good Luck!

Answer by algolden05 at 8:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• with my first one i didnt feel her kick till 6mo

Answer by navybabydec8 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I'm also 5 and a half and since she started moving, I've felt her everyday some days not as much as others, but I felt it. Try drinking cold juice it always seems to get my baby rumbling! Also pay attention to a consistency they usually move at about the same time at least once a day. Hope this helped u!

• I wouldn't worry about it. A lot of babies don't move every day until closer to 28 weeks.

• Try drinking orange juice or having a popcicle. Sometimes the sugar gets them moving. I always worried about this too but my ONGYN told me that babies have sleep cycles in the womb and can be still for a long time. It doesn't mean anything is wrong. But if you are worried, you can call your doctor and they will put a monitor on your belly to monitor the movements.

Answer by NoJo at 4:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2008