do u tip? not just waiters and weightreses...i just heard....

u should tip the mailman...if u do how much?
trash guys...if u do how much? also heard a 6pk of beer is great..lol
anyone else hear of this? and who do u or who dont u..and if so what do u get or tip?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I only tip waitstaff and hotel maids
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:38 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• No, never heard of that, but my mom always leaves a Christmas card and a loaf or banana bread in the mailbox for her maillady every Christmas. But, my DH is a mechanic and people tip him sometimes.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 10:39 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Would you really give the mailman and trashman a 6 pack of beer to take with him in a moving vehicle??? That seems very wrong to me. I only tip restaurant staff. The rest make more than waitresses so no reason to tip them.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:40 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I tip waitresses and waiters and i give my mailman a small gift at christmas
    maybe if the garbage men stop breaking my garbage buckets some day i will give them something as well
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• city services....no we don't tip.

but waitstaff yes.

in summer we leave out a bottle of water for the mailman though - and in christmas a candy cane.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:44 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I love hypermamaz ideas- we will start leaving tokens as well- what a great idea!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 10:44 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I've never tipped the mailman. We've gotten other people's mail, and vice versa, one time the mail carrier left a bundle of mail for our community on top of the community mailbox, there were items in there that had that bundle gotten in the wrong hands, alot of people could have had their identity stolen. We called the post office and asked them what to do with it.

My kids though, love to give the garbage men sodas. They are always beeping their horn when my kids are outside and wave to them, so we give them a soda, mainly in the warmer months when we are outside.

I've heard of people leaving cards for their mailmen in the mailbox with a small "cash gift" though for the holidays. Hairdressers, Delivery men, and bellhops are just a few of the other folks i know of who people will tip.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 10:46 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I tip servers, delivery drivers, hair stylists, and taxi cabs.

Everyone else - no tip.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:46 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• OP HERE..ok i agree i would never give beer to someone ( a friend was a trash man and said he loved when beer was left as a gift lol.. but i would never.. ) but i have given mail man a gc to dunkis donuts for like 5 bucks..and i agree with....sati...maybe if my trashman stoped throwing my trash cans were ever they feel like it ( like not in the street.. ) i would think of something to give..like bottled water with a bow. also hairdressers..yes i tip..maids..yes i tip...wait staff..yes i tip..just thinking about the people u would never think of..like mail carriers or garbage men...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I tip the delivery boy and the waiters/waitresses. I would never ever tip with beer.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:58 AM on Feb. 9, 2010