• In the Spotlight:

Child placement in minivan...

For a typical third row seating minivan, what is the best placement for the following ages?

5 year old, 4 year old and infant.

Should the oldest children be in the back and the infant in the middle row (that has two bucket seats) or the infant in the back and the two older children in each bucket seat?

Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Infant in the middle, on the passenger side, the other 2, oldest in the back and younger one in the other middle seat.....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:42 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I would put the older two in the back because they can buckle themselves. I have a 5 yr old, 3 yr old, and almost 2 yr. old twin and that's how we did/do it.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 10:42 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i keep my youngest in the middle and my older ones in the back...i use to have the bucket seats stupid dh bought a newer van now we only have rows..lol...so theres alot of hes touching me!!mommm!!!!!! i miss the bucket seats. but my youngest age 4 is in the middle and my oldest age 12 in back if im babysitting the 2 yr old also sits in the middle..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Ditto to MrsLeftlane.
    The law requires that carseats are placed in the middle of the backseat (the middle row would be the best bet in your case), or behind the front seat passenger if the middle cannot be done (some seatbelts aren't long enough).
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:54 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• we have a 6 yo and 4 yo in the back, and 2 yo twins in the middle row. the 4 yo still needs help w/ his seat belt. we are expecting a baby in 4 months, and we think we will put one twin in the back with the big boys, but not really sure yet!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 9, 2010