Please read and tell me what you think......(29 weeks pregnant and had high blood pressure today)

My doctor checked my blood pressure this morning and said it was a little high which it has always been normal. He says he thinks its a one time thing maybe cause I had my three year old with me but I always have my three year old with me and I didnt feel stressed out or anything. Usually I can tell if my blood pressure rises because I will be very anxious about something or its because Im really frusterated. He said he wants to see me back in a week to check it again and told me to check it myself while Im out shopping or something and to call him if its high. Has this happend to any one and should I be worried? I dont have gestational diabetes or anything and my first pregnancy was great all the way through so I dont know whats going on.

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:26 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• At my 20 wee appointment I had high blood pressure and started having to go every other week. I got a blood pressure cuff for home and they had me keep track of it. Around 32 weeks it started being fine then at 38 weeks it went up again. I also was leaking fluid and was almost out so they decided with those two factors to induce me early.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Mine was getting high too, and I didn't have diabetes or anything. My doctor induced me at 34 weeks because of it though.
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 11:29 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Wow I'm really preying that it was only one time but you never know and thats why Im scared to death. I can't imagine having my baby and then having to leave her at the hospital that would litterally kill me. My doctor did say that it was right over the limit but high blood pressure is high blood pressure and I remember when I was 38 weeks pregnant with my first I had high blood pressure and my doctor made me wait 30 min. to recheck it and she said that if it didnt go down she would have to induce me but it ended up going down and I went into labor later thatt day. But Im only 29 weeks and 3 days along that would mean that my baby would only weigh like 4 lbs. right now if they induced me what a scary thought.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 11:40 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I think as long as it wasn't getting so high it was putting you or the baby at a big risk they would hold off as long as possible, maybe put you on bed rest for awhile. I'm sure they would try anything and everything to avoid inducing you at 29 weeks. Good luck :)
    wahm_abbeyrose

Answer by wahm_abbeyrose at 11:43 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I started having blood pressure issues at 10 weeks, I was put on medication and monitered throughgout the pregnancy. It can be a concernable problem, but with the right treatment you can go through your whole pregnancy just fine. I did end up delivering early (37 weeks) because they my BP dd spike and would not come down so the dr thought it best to induce me. I delviered a healthy 8lb baby girl. My BP came right down after she was born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i had high blood pressure at 35 weeks, so they made me stop working. it wasnt high enough to take any actions as far as pre-eclampsia, but high enough they wanted me to relax. i went to term and was induced at 40weeks.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2010