How many wives?

who are not married to a man in the military: Could say proudly (not anonymously) that their husbands would be willing to fight and die for the people of this country in any one of the US Armed Forces, Police Force, or Fire Department?

myame

Asked by myame at 11:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• But there are many marriages that survive just fine. I don't think the military has cornered the market on failed marriages. My husband IS active duty Army. And IS in Afghanistan. He did the noble thing and joined to serve his country 16 years ago. I don't need my husband's worth to define my own. What have I done? I have stood by my husband through out his entire career, minus 1 year. I have had 3 children who we are raising to be productive members of society. I am working towards a nursing degree, and again, I have stood by my husband, as he works his ass off to serve this country. It's not easy being a military wife, and I am a damn good one.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• willing to fight/serve/protect?
    myame

Answer by myame at 11:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Mine would if they would accept him
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 11:39 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• my husband used to be in the AF. I don't think he would want to, but if he had to he would. I don't think anyone ''wants" to go die.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I could proudly say that. In fact, DH says that is one of his biggest regrets, not joining the military.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I think it totally depends on the situation... Would he be willing to go over to Iraq or Afghanistan? Absolutely not. That war is NOT about "protecting our people", and there's no way I'd let him even consider it. Not that he would... If there actually was a threat to this country, then yes, he would.

And don't get me wrong, I have nothing but admiration for those who serve, but I don't agree with this particular war in any way, shape or form.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 11:45 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I would not want my husband to fight and kill people..I have seen how it has ruined marriages and peoples lives...The men who are in wars never come back the same man, I know...

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I agree Anouck...I don't want to start a fight about our current undertaking in the middle east but so many lives , ours and innocents over there have been lost and ruined for a horrible right wing agenda..

kjfamily

Answer by kjfamily at 11:49 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• My husband tested and was hired for a FD position, but declined. He was in school and working in another field that held greater opportunities. My husband does have sibs in fire and police services and one who is a retired AF Colonel. I also have a sib in fire service.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:54 AM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I can proudly say that I have my own self worth and don't need my husband's to define me. I don't care about what your husband does. What have YOU done?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2010