my friend the bully:

i have a friend that wont stop bullying this other woman..she has got her ostricisized and she lies about her to other people.i feel so bad for her.my friend is very stubborn and wont take an apology and wont give one.my friend just keeps on going.she wont give up...basically i stay friends with her or atleast associate with her because im afraid this is going to happen to me.my question is why are some people like this and what should i say to the other woman i feel so bad for her.oh i should say tonite she takes her son to CCD i think this is so hypercritical...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• why would you have associated with someone doing this kind of thing for past a day? it would have been, please stop what you are doing is wrong, you wont? ok well I need positive friends buh by
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I wouldnt stay friends with her to be on her good side. She isnt a very good friend to these other people, so how do you know she isnt stabbing your back? Next time she gossips and you really dont like what you hear, tell her it wasnt a very nice thing to say and move to the next topic.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• You're friends with someone only because you're afraid of what they might do to you otherwise? Sorry but that doesn't sound like a friendship to me at all. Who you are friends with and associte with says a ton about you(in general). Stick up for what you know is right. There is too much going on in the world, why waste your time and energy on someone like you described. Friends should be people you can rely on, trust, count on, laugh and enjoy life with.......not somebody who stresses people out and degrades others. Good luck hon and take care.
    Anonymous

• Don't be a coward! That's what you are doing if you don't stand up for what you know is right out of fear. Even if you don't want to get in the middle between her and the other woman, you can still distance yourself from her. When you continue to be silent and associate with a person like that, you are condoning the behavior by proxy. Either go your separate way, or speak up.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 1:04 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• she has low self esteem. she needs dethrowned... i would tell all the women she lies to that she is lying to them. befriend the woman she outed. and become her worst enemy (the bully ) because i am like that... has gotten me in trouble before. but i cant stand it.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• YUCK.... this makes me sick to my stomache.. like high school wasn't hard enough. this is the reason I still find it so much easier to not have friends at all
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• You are stuck in the middle, thats not good. Speak up for yourself as well as your good friend. You can just state something factual like "Does'nt bother me." or "I like ____." I bet it will speak volumes and at the same time you are not lecturing your bully friend. I know alot of mommies in my neighborhood and sometimes some of them dont like one another. I just lift my shoulders and say "Its ok." or "It doesnt bother me." GL
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Why is your friend upset with this other person? I had my bff come along when I was being picked to adopt a baby- she contacted the birthmom and managed to convince (or bribe) the birthmom to give her the baby instead of me. Now, I don't feel like I need to forgive my ex bff for this. I won't take an apology either. I don't think this makes me a bad person. I think that I am just not a glutton for punnishment.
    Anonymous