Weight Gain

Im 37 weeks and went from 175 to 217..Now they are telling me that Im over weight..What is a good diet to do after the baby is here to help me get back into shape..Please any that has help any other Moms..Thank You for your help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• i gained 50 lbs with both my kids.. weight watchers helped me take the weight off ... its v easy and u do see results albeit it takes some time...
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 12:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Walking did the trick for me with my last pregnancy. I had gained about 42lbs..
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 12:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Same exact story as zperez. I gained 50lbs while I was pregnant and lost the majority of it without doing anything...20 lbs within a day of my son being born...another 10 a week later...and another 5. I think breastfeeding has had a lot to do with my weight loss but I still have 15 lbs to go to be back to what I was. I started Weight Watchers and lost 7 lbs in a week. I went off it on my birthday though and haven't been able to get my motivation back since. It's a great diet because it doesn't restrict you from eating anything. You can eat whatever you want but all foods and drinks are given a point value, and you just can't go over your points for the day. So for example you are allowed 25 points a day. If you want to eat a Big Mac, well that's 17 points. You can have it but you won't be able to eat much else the rest of the day.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I went from 136 pounds to 176 pounds, but it was mostly due to water weight. As long as you are eating healthy and exercising afterwards (with doctor's permission), you should be just fine. I'm currently down to 138 pounds, which is considered under weight for my height.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I lost all my baby weight plus an extra 10lbs by going vegetarian and exercising at least 3 days a week. Small portions are important too. Eat a lot of fresh food and cut way back on packaged processed things.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 12:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I gained 65 lbs my first pregnancy! Breastfeeding and a lot of walking got 40-45 lbs off in the first 3 months (I remember very well because I had to go dress shopping for a wedding!) After that I started doing Yoga Booty Ballet (look it up, it's really fun!) but I never went on a diet.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2010