Do you use a stroller when you go shopping?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 12:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes we bring our double stroller with us when we go to the mall or craft fairs. To like Target, kohl's or things like that we just use the carts there.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Going to the mall..yes...going to Target or the grocery store- no. I was sad the day my daughter wouldn't sit in the stroller anymore..but she was 3.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 12:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I hate baby strollers especially at the mall, the boardwalk etc..The moms with the double strollers are the worse..People with strollers think they have the right of way and always push through everyone, I think that is really rude..They take up so much space as well..

Anonymous

• "I hate baby strollers especially at the mall, the boardwalk etc..The moms with the double strollers are the worse..People with strollers think they have the right of way and always push through everyone, I think that is really rude..They take up so much space as well."

I have never thought because I have a stroller I can just push it into people. What I find is people think they can try and push me out of the way. Where the heck am I supose to go when I have stroller and it does not move sideways. So you are saying you would rather have the kids running free as the parents try and carry everything they need and chase down there kids. Kids are going to run the second they get a chance. And don't tell me they should teach them to not do that. Sorry it does not matter how much you teach them. If a child sees something they really want they will run for it. We are doing what is best and safest for our children.
    Anonymous

• Got to agree anon:11..Double strollers are so annoying esp. in a store with small aisles..Well behaved children will not just run away anon:19..

Anonymous

• Well behaved children will not just run away anon:19..

Then I must be the worst parent if I can not get my 20 month old to not run when she sees something she really likes.
    Anonymous

• Its called holding her hand or carrying her on your hip..

Anonymous

• I do hold her hand but when I had trying to hold things for shoping it is really hard for her to get loose. So I guess you can put a stamp on my head that say I am the worst Mom on the earth because I use a stroller so my child does not run from me because I guess no matter what I do and try to hold everything and she still gets away means I am a bad parent and you are the most perfect parent.

sorry but no matter what you do it happens. But thanks for making me feel like crap and cry.
    Anonymous

• I use a stroller and couldn't give a care less if it bothers someone. I don't think I have the right of way and don't push into anyone with it. I have seen a thousand times more rudeness with carts - people block aisles to have spontaneous reunions and they run into other shoppers because they don't bother to grasp there are other people on the planet. As for the little theory about holding a child's hand, that only works if they are walking. Carrying them on your hip through a grocery store or any store is tiring and counter productive to shopping but whatever. And no matter how well behaved a child is, they are still children and will take off if they see something they want. It's just a fact.
    Anonymous

• I prefer to use a sling.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2010