Did your crawler do this?

My son is standing on his own and can take a step or two before falling down. Yesterday I noticed he wasn't crawling anywhere but would just lay on his stomach. This morning he is moving around, but it is the most peculiar crawl. He has one leg straight with the foot flat on the ground, the other leg is in crawling position. He has one arm up in the air and the other on the ground in crawling position. It looks SO uncoordinated and would be comical if I wasn't so worried. Do you think he is trying to walk by himself and just doesn't get it? I'm wondering if this is a normal step for babies who are starting to walk.
I appreciate any similar stories or advice. Thanks ladies for your help :)

bootsky

Asked by bootsky at 12:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my youngest son did that and my friends daughter did that as well.. it just means theyre getting ready to walk but havent figured it out yet.. its funny not a bad thing so laugh it off and tape it so u can embarass them later lol
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Yes, my 2nd did just that! He got the nickname "Scooch".
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• My baby changes the way she crawls daily. She can't make up her mind what way she likes best lol She has done that crawl before though.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 3:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2010