How old was your baby when you firsttook him or her out to shop, visit people or just for a walk?

Cafe Jenn

Asked by Cafe Jenn at 12:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She was about a month old, but I had a c-section so I had to heal first...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• the day we got home from the hospital. He was born in the summer time...and I was up walking around, going outside for walks 4 hours after he was born.
    Anonymous

• my daughter was also about 1 month old..there were minor complications when she was born (she had a hole in her lung, pnemonia and group b strep infection), so we were stuck in the hospital for 8 days, and then when we went home, they recommended me not taking her out anywhere for a few weeks..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• With our 2nd daughter, we went straight from the hospital to a friends place. Then had visitor over within 3wks.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• We had family and friends over ever single day since the day my son was born, for 3 weeks straight. However no one came over that was sick or anything like that...I didn't exactly want things to be that way but my fiance and I didn't have the guts to tell everyone no. However we didn't take him in a public place, except for the doctor, until he was 3 1/2 months old.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• a few days old. its human no dif. from any other child.
    Anonymous

• day after.We had no groceries in the house.It was May so it was all right.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Our first was born in the middle of winter so we didn't take him anywhere but the doctor until he was 3 months old. We had friends and relatives wanting us to go out to breakfast and shopping when he was one week old. I wasn't even moving that well, had a 4th degree tear. I wasn't up to running around and I sure was not going to take my newborn out just so everyone could show him off. We started to get out more with him when the weather warmed up. Our second was born right before summer started but we still didn't go all over until she was a few months old.
    Anonymous

• 2 and a half months old. too much swine flu going around
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• he was born right after Thanksgiving, we were at the mall christmas shopping maybe a week or two later
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2010