So what can I expect.....

this is my 2nd child... little girl this time...she'll be here in 13 weeks! I'm so excited & nervous. Any advice for me? I'm a little worried about my son (14months) & how he will react about the attention, I know he'll get enough but I still have that worry he might feel left out. Like my cousin has a newborn so I was holding him. And he did really well he just wanted to sit with us so I"m hoping thats how he'll be with her. well any advice would be great!!!

rebel07

Asked by rebel07 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I also had mine close as well, 17 1/2 mos apart, and I got Logan a baby doll with a bottle because i knew during feeding times is when I d be most preoccupied with baby so i would give him his baby doll and bottle to feed while I fed Kennedy. Funny thing is he looked at the bottle, looked at me nursing baby sister, threw the bottle down, pulled up his shirt and "nursed" his baby doll... he did that for 3 or 4 mos! It was hilarious....

So do what you can to have big brother "help" or be active in what you and baby are doing. I would have all the items i needed to change baby sister on floor just far enough out of my reach to pi9nt to him and ask him to hand me the diaper, rash cream, a wipie, ect....
    LoganAndKennedy

Answer by LoganAndKennedy at 12:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• its hard i had my 2nd son 3 mths before my oldest turned 2 ... i was worried too but if you involve them with the baby they feel like theyre helping out. also the baby as a newborn sleeps alot ( which im sure u know) so have some special time with ur oldest while the baby sleeps .. it worked for me my baby is almost 9 mths old and my big guy is 2 1/2 and they love to play together and he loves his baby brother..
    zperez0809

Answer by zperez0809 at 12:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• In my opinion all you can do is wait and see how things will work out. I tried including my son but it didn't make a difference to him. He was very upset about the new addition. I am now pregnant with my third and worried about how my youngest is going to react.
    Some days they get along great and other days it's just awful. I guess it depends on your children and how you treat them.
    SabrinaLC

Answer by SabrinaLC at 12:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• make your son feel included, like this is his baby too, let him help in little ways, like get you a diaper, or wipes. Just make him feel taking care of his baby sister is his job too.
    robyann

Answer by robyann at 1:06 PM on Feb. 9, 2010