Anyone ever have to deal with Identity Fraud?

Okay, so this is driving us CRAZY. My fiance went for an interview at Dominos for a delivery driver. Then when he got hired and had to go in and fill out paper work, and give them the required ID and proof of registration of the car...they made copies of it all, (social security card & registration) and they didn't give it back to him. Then the manager that was there when all this happened, quit...and his wife worked there with him, and they moved her to a different location. He's spoken to the new manager and they told him his whole folder with all his information in it, is missing. It's just gone. So there's someone out there who has my fiances social security card and he thinks this guy is going to commit identity fraud/theft.....what can we do about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• wow i would have called the police and track there asses down
    Anonymous

• he should fill out a police report, and he needs to contact the store owner or corporate if its a corporate store. the company is reponsible for doing everything it can to get that stuff back
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I had my paper work taken out of the office of where I live. I had THOUSANDS of dollars of actual products bought (cell phones, appliances, etc). If I were you, I would call the credit bureau companies (there are 3) and put an alert on there for fraud. This lasts for 7 years. The numbers are on the internet somewhere, you can find it I am sure. It is kind of a pain because we have to go through SUCH a process when applying for something but definately well worth it. Hope you don't have to go through what we did! Good luck!
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 12:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• The above posters are mostly right...
    HOWEVER you have to have a police report before you actually get a long term fraud alert on your credit reports.
    Also be aware that most credit cards don't check your credit score before giving out credit reports. They just give them.

And finally, identity theft is MORE than just stealing money and starting accounts in your name. They can screw up your medical records, and even commit crimes using your information.

So be careful. And if you feel safe with doing it, take him off of your accounts so they can't go after them. And possibly even your car(s) and home.
    Anonymous

• I think I remember somewhere you can have your social security number changed. Am I right? Would this help?
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 10:00 AM on Feb. 10, 2010

• Now would be a good time to look into the AmeriPlan Secure Net program... Identity theft is included in the program. Visit www.everyonebenefits.com/rgodair and click on the Secure Net icon for details. ID theft is the fastest growing crime in the US.
    Granna2006

Answer by Granna2006 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 11, 2010