• In the Spotlight:

Forget the mortgage, I'm paying the credit card bills.......

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Forget-the-Mortgage-Im-Paying-usnews-816222158.html?x=0&.v=2

Things are rough all around but is the stigma of losing your home gone? What do you think the motivation for this trend is? What would or are you doing?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• A roof over my head is more important than credit cards. I gave all my credit cards up and kept the roof.
    Anonymous

• It's a non-issue for me. I don't have a mortgage (building a home sans loan) and we don't have credit cards. Got in a fix once, and decided not to go there again.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I dont know I mean credit cards arent ness evil some folks do well with them.I do not have any though never have I figure if I cannot pay for things in cash then I probably do not need it that bad ;p If I need or want something expensive we save up for it even if it takes us a year or longer or we take out a loan.. first making sure we can pay the loan back.We have been fully debt free for several years now although we just recently took out a small loan for a much needed tractor...it will be paid off relativly quickly though.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Gotta say though in the past our mortgage we had always came first
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• My mortgage always comes first. I don't understand how people can just stop paying and then declare bankruptcy ...don't they know their credit will be ruined and banks won't let them have a checking account and they won't be approved by a rental agency because of their credit? ANd don't they have any sense of pride and responsibilty? I worked two jobs for a few years to make sure I could pay my mortgage payment. It was tough but worth it.
    Anonymous