Valentines for Hubby's?

Every year I have done something special for my DH ( i have done gift baskets, decorated the house full of balloons, made a candy bar flower bouquet, etc.) He on the other hand is the basic flower and card type towards me. We talked about Valentines this year and how I would like to be surprised by something original or thought by him (not just store bought). So he is on board for that and told me I dont have to do anything for him. p.s. he thinks the stuff I do is just cheesy anyways... so I mean is V-Day just for girls or what? I mean if not what do I do for him that is for a guy? (p.s. I am working on a limited to no budget for this so free ideas are better.) (oh and there is like 3 feet of snow outside...:P)

hotrodmomma

Asked by hotrodmomma at 12:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Holidays

• I feel like it is just for girls....think about it Valentines day is associated with giving flowers and candy and card...my husband loves to get cards from me but flowers I think he would freak!!....
    brankohl32

Answer by brankohl32 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• You could give him a massage, buy him some beer and take the kids out for awhile so he can have his own relaxing time, play strip poker, make him his favorite dinner, give him a strip tease.........all of those seem 'manly' enough lol. Have fun! ;)
    Anonymous

• a few years ago we were broke, he was unemployed and i was working a horrible low paying job, and that was our best valentines day yet. We didn't exchange gift's, but I went to the library and got a few nicer cookbooks, and checked out a movie from there. I let him choose the meal, and we sent my daughter to my moms house. I cooked, and then he told me to go get dressed up. He set up the dining room with low lighting and candles, and had the fireplace in the living room going. So we had a nice, dressed up candle lit dinner, wine and cuddling in front of the fireplace, and ended with a movie on the couch. It was a very nice valentines. And it didn't break the bank either. good luck. I'm still trying to figure out what to do for this valentines day, and i have no clue what to get him.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 11:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2010