teething

my dd is only 10 weeks old but it think she is beginning to start teething she gnaws on her hand and drools consistently. but she does not seem to be in pain so my question is do you think she could be teething or is something else

sashasmom159

Asked by sashasmom159 at 12:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sounds totally normal! You don't need to do anything!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• It's not teething, but a stage ALL babies go through! I freaked out that she was always doing it! It is totally normal and they usually stop around 5-6 months!
    babyruby02

Answer by babyruby02 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• It could be the beginning-stages of teething. Also note, just b/c a baby is teething doesn't mean the tooth will make an appearance in the immediate future. It could take weeks maybe even a couple of months before you see anything. I don't necessarily agree with the PP saying the drooling stops at around 5-6 months because between 6-12 months old is an age where alot of the teething process takes place. So in 5-6 months, they'll probably be drooling anyways b/c of the teething stages. And again, it could start earlier or even later. My son started the teething process at 3 months and his first tooth came at 5 months.
    Anonymous