Skin irritation?

My son is 10 months old and has a skin irritation- red vary dry patches all over his back, shoulder, tummy, and elbos. I've been to our nurse, and she say's that it is exima. We got cream for it, oatmeal baths, and changed the laundry soaps but its still there with no change.
I dont have a family doctor, and his next appointments after he turns 1. I know its not extremely serious for the emerge. But wanted to ask if you had any suggestions on what you might think could help. Or if you think its something elase?
Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Certain dietary elements can bring on a case of eczema, or make an existing case worse. Dairy products are heavily linked to cases of eczema as many people are lactose intolerant and do not even realize it. They may exhibit signs of eczema and not realize that it is their allergies to dairy foods causing their skin problems. just like hives, and other skin related problems caused by allergies, eczema is often times caused by allergies to food.

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 12:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• ditto ncma! also, gluten (in oatmeal too) can also cause eczema. i would cut out dairy first. if you are breastfeeding, cut it out of your diet, if you are formula feeding you could try soy first. but you would need to cut out cheese, yogurt, ice cream, chocolate...and even read the boxes of packaged foods as well.
    good luck!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 1:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2010