Superbowl rigged?

So I was just reading through an old thread about the Superbowl, and someone said that the results were "controlled by the casino, anyways".

I'm confused - Is this another conspiracy theory? How, exactly, would a casino control the results of a football game?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 12:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Just a sore loser, is all... I've also read people saying the Colts were told to lose, so New Orleans could win because they've been through so much with Hurricane Katrina. It's all bull. I was rooting for the Colts, but the Saints played a better game, period.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• By bribing players to throw the game. See White Sox World Series 1919. (not saying I think that actually happens every year - but it's possible)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I am a big Colts fan. I don't think it was rigged. I think people just like to try to cause trouble.
    Anonymous

• omg here we go... its so false there are so many stupid made up stories, why oh why do we believe them and throw a fuss over it... this is exactly why! it gets a rise out of ppl like you
    Anonymous

• the only way ive ever heard of sports being "rigged" is when the players are payed off or betting against their team. in this case the casinos or whomever would have paid Manning, the Colt's coaches & management, and some of their bigger players to lose. honestly, i cant see how Manning would give up another SB win just for some money...he's already making more than any other player!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I have ocean front property in Utah and one slighty used bay bridge for sale if you truly believe that.
    Anonymous

• I don't see anyone crying in this post about the colts loosing. Did you even read the ops comment or any of the comments?
    Anonymous

Wow. PMSing, are we?
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I think there are a lot of PMSing going on in the Q/A section today. I have seen a lot of hate today going around.
    Anonymous

• boo hoooooooooooo to all you crybabies bc the colts lost.

Who exactly are you addressing, troll?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2010