What type of infant seat do you use?

Do you think convertible infant seats are safer than the other type (that come with a base)

What brand do you think is the safest?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I used a evenflo (with base) during the first year or so. Then switched to a Cosco 3 in 1. My hubby had a Cosco 3 in 1 the whole time.
    Anonymous

• There isn't really any safest seat because they all have to meet the same crash test standards before they can be sold. The seat that is best for you will fit your child's size, fit in your vehicle and be easy for you to us so you know it can be used properly for every ride. If you would like some suggestions of seats that may work in your situation, stop by the car seat group!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 12:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• We used a Baby Trend one. I was fine and worked well till 4 1/2 months when he got too long for it...

So we are in a 'big boy seat' now. A Evenflo tribute 5. It is great. Goes from 5-40 lbs. paid $54.99 for it great seat only the liner didn't stay attached at the top so I taped it with duct tape...makes it look a little bad but otherwise I love it and so does Ethan.
    rjpetty605

Answer by rjpetty605 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• my son uses the Britax Marathon...
    Julie70

Answer by Julie70 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• We use whichever one was cheapest.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• We have the ChiccoKeyFit 30. I love it. My YDS is 11 months old and he still fits in it and it's so easy to use. I got mine on a good sale online for under $150!
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I don't remember which infant seat we used for my granddaughter....perhaps a Cosco brand.....and she outgrew it before she was 4 months old! It was a waste of money. I bought a beautiful car seat from Sears on sale (Eddie Bauer) that fits infants on up to 40 lbs and has a pillow with side wings to attach for an infant's head and sides down to their waist for support. I love it and plan on keeping her ERF until her legs are uncomfortable against the back of the seat. (She's 1 and 22 lbs now).
    My daughter received one for free from the state through a child carseat safety program because the baby receives Medicaid. I went with her because she doesn't have a car. We watched a video for 30 mins (it was a GOOD video) and then drove our car out to the garage to have them show us the proper installment and then had us install it so they knew we knew how. It was great!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:59 AM on Feb. 10, 2010