How have you adopted

Share your stories of how you adopted your Child(ren)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Adoption

• I am a birth mother, i can share from the other direction
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 12:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• My dd was adopted from China almost 3 years ago.. it will be 3 years in April. She was 17 months old when she came home...
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 3:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• My ex and I found our daughters thru an adoption support group. They knew that we were looking for a sibling group and someone just happened to hear about them and thought they would fit into our family. We looked at their bio and put our application in for them just a few days later. The next week they were featured on Thursday child and the Sally Jessie Raphel show and the agency was bombarded with family's interested in them. Needless to say we adopted them and it was a ride.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Both of my DSs were adopted through foster care. Our oldest we did straight foster care and were blessed to be able to adopt him. Our second we did straight adoptions and just finalized a few months ago.
    jothra

Answer by jothra at 10:59 PM on Feb. 10, 2010

• We are in the process of adopting our baby girl out of foster care. We are doing fost/adopt through a wonderful private agency. We were matched last summer, after 1.5 yrs of waiting, with a safe surrender newborn. We hope to finalize soon!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 9:55 PM on Feb. 13, 2010

• My best friend just adopted a beautiful baby boy through a Christian facilitator called Adoption Answer. They were matched within two weeks, and were able to bring him home from the hospital. They were very pleased with the process and the way Adoption Answer handled things. I was so happy for them and was thrilled to be apart of their journey. I will be glad to give you her contact info if you want.
    proadoption

Answer by proadoption at 5:47 PM on Mar. 4, 2010