What Kind of milk do you use and why?

Cow's milk, goat's milk, soy milk, rice milk, almond milk, oat milk, hemp milk, a combination of more than one of the above, etc. What do you use in your house?

mom2ljh

Asked by mom2ljh at 6:29 AM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• my son gets whole cows milk and my hubby and i drink 2%
    Mama2Joshy

Answer by Mama2Joshy at 7:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My baby is 1 today and still being breastfeed!!! My dd is on lactaid bc she is lactose intolerent. The rest of us drink 2%.
    rina16

Answer by rina16 at 8:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My son is 20 months and drinks whole cows milk, and we drink either 2% or skim...according to what we're in the mood for. For along time though my son only drank soy and rice milk because I was a vegan (this was pre-pregnancy) and it was all we kept in the house.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 9:40 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My 1 yr old drinks whole cows milk, the rest of us drink 2%.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• For my son he's still only gets breast milk. He had milk and soy sensitivities as a baby, and I'm not convinced that he has grown out of them(given the diarrhea and rashes that follow milk...soy he can have now), so just BM...not sure what he will get once he's weaned(whenever that will be), if he's over two years old at that point, I may offer soy, and rice milks and switch them up, maybe even hemp milk. I'm deathly allergic to almonds, so we can't have almond milk in our house, someone could accidentally kill me!
    Fightclmembr

Answer by Fightclmembr at 10:45 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Oh goodness, that's scary. We wouldn't want anyone to accidentally kill you. Not to mention, if you're that allergic, he could be as well. We're currently trialing Soy Milk with my little one (I started today, but just put it on his skin, he won't drink it for another day or 2, assuming the contact trial goes well.) and I use Almond Milk for myself, mostly. We'll use hemp milk if I can find it anywhere locally.
    mom2ljh

Answer by mom2ljh at 10:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• whole cow's milk for dd....
    Bekah062205

Answer by Bekah062205 at 11:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• We use whole cows milk but I make sure to get milk that does not contain bgh (bovine growth hormone.) I like to get Organic from Horizon. An added benefit is that the expiration date is like a month from when you buy it so we don't end up throwing any away which makes up for the slightly higher price.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 12:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Hmm..a thousand yrs ago..LOL...okay Im exaggerating 25 yrs ago the Peditricians told us to go from formula to 2% at a yr. We did. For my grandchildren she drinks 2% but he drinks rice milk because of allergies.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:30 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• soy - high cholesterol runs in my family
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:26 PM on Jun. 26, 2008