Wanting to take college classes online..

I would like to go to an online college. I would need some sort of financial aid, or a college you can pay for in payments (if anything like that even exists, I am lost when it comes to this) Can anyone help me?

wahm_abbeyrose

Asked by wahm_abbeyrose at 1:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• Do you have a community collegeor a University that has online classes(alot do) anywhere near your town. That would be your best bet if you want to take online classes.You can still get money if yougo that way. Not sure about the ones on the internet. I think they will also loan you money or make payment plans though the rates won't be as good. Those that you hear of online or on TV are really schiesters ripping you off.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Do you have to take online courses? If you have no other choice, I would say go for it - but honestly, I tried taking online courses once and it was really hard. you have to basically teach yourself, and theres ALOT of reading, and its very confusing. i couldnt do it, i dropped and switched to on campus courses because i just could not figure it out. but everyones different, and alot of people can do it. anyway, your local community college should have online courses. they all do usually. you probably will still have to go to the college, fill out an application at the registration office & pay 30 bucks or so, get accepted, go to the financial aid office with your tax returns and they will help you fill out FASFA. Now that im a mom, my college tuition is all paid for, and so are my books. you can even take out student loans if you need some extra money. after the FASFA, you go to get advisement office & get advised, they will
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• help you pick out your classes for whatever degree you need, and then you register for your classes. they have an orientation for online courses also if thats what you choose to do. you may also need to take a math & english placement test, because if you dont place college level you might need to take prerequiste courses. my college also has a free daycare, but im not into daycare so my mom watches my son for me.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Community Colleges are your chepeast and best education for your buck! You also get financial aid, plus many are online. there are ceritificate programs oo that you can have done in like 8 weeks,

Some schools barely have any reading involved I have to disagree totally. The school I went to was mostly lectures and audio, loved it.

Here is a good one Rio Salado Community College.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2010