Cant seem to keep the house clean come in and clean everyday but the next day its all messed up, any advice on how to de-cluter my life so things can stay clean?

ahstiles

Asked by ahstiles at 1:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• flylady.net

The best piece of advice I ever got from FlyLady -- If you don't use it or don't love it, dispose of it. Give it away or throw it away because it's just clutter to you.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 5:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Make sure everyone cleans up their mess.
    Anonymous

• When you figure it out..let me know! lol
    I'd be so much happier if I was "bewitched" and could just wiggle my nose and make the house spotless in an instant,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Choose one thing that seems to be a top culprit of clutter to focus on for now.

Maybe it's mail everywhere, maybe it's shoes or bags scattered by the door. The decide an organization system that you and your family would actually do, and work on getting that in place.

Remember the key is to figure out something you all would actually do. If the system is too complex or out of the way, it will be awesome,  and annoyingly never used. 

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 1:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Join the group Declutter, Clean and Organize Your Life  for tips, advice from professional organizers, and PLENTY of support!!! 

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i know what you mean OP, I clean up and my son destroys something or SO brings it back to how it was or sometimes in worse condition. it drives me nuts lol. But that's just how it is! I don't mind the house looking lived in, or that it definately looks like a toddler lives here... but I do expect SO to put things back the way he found them or to hang his clothes in the closet (which he doesnt, he prefers the floor). as for our son, he is starting to learn how to clean up his toys with me. I'm no mommy dearest, but i'm not a slob either.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• oh and what helps me stay sane, is I focus on one room each day. I do a good vacuuming/sweeping job, I throw away trash, put things back in their proper place or start a donation bag and it really makes a difference! Yesterday my focus was the dining room, and today my focus was folding the laundry from our bedroom which has been in a pile in bins for weeks. It feels so good to just accomplish those little things!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Definitely....FLYLADY.NET! the absolute best!!!!!!!!
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 4:18 PM on Feb. 12, 2010