my daughter is sick.

she was up all last night throwing upp, and dry heaving. she has a slight temp. and shes really out of it. what can i do for her? she is 23 months, and cant get in to see the doctor until tomorrow.

HelloKitty86

Asked by HelloKitty86 at 1:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• take her to the ER....
    Anonymous

• how high is the temp? unless it's over 101 the doc is going to tell you to ride it out more than likely until they can see her..rotate tylenol and motrin, and as far as throwing up, do pedialite by teaspoons 1-2 every 2 hours, and then if she keeps that down do 3-4 every 2 hours..anything to keep down is good, i did sprite with my dd's last virus, it was the only thing she kept down...threw up every little bit of pedialite..but the 1-2 teaspoons "tricks" the tummy into thinking that there's nothing on the belly to throw up and at the same time she's staying hydrated..make sure she's at least got a wet diaper..good luck.

**btw, the info that i gave is what i was told with dd's last virus from the doc's answering service. again, good luck
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 1:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Call the dr and ask what to do for her
    Anonymous

• My son got a 12 hour throw up bug about 3 months ago, he literally threw up for 12 hours straight. I called the nurse helpline and didn't have to take him to the DR. Just kept him hydrated, he was very weak and could barely walk.. I was scared. he couldnt even hold down water. His fever got to 103 but tylenol kept it down. mom to kenzie's advice is exactly what I did.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• keep her hydrated and as comfortable as possible. cold compresses on the forehead feel good when i get a stomach thing!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2010