Should I give my marriage a second chance?

My husband and I seperated in October. We both moved out of the house. I am a live in nanny and he lives with a friend. I was over it. the only reason i haven't filed is the money. but recently he asked if i wanted to get back together. We hang out and mostly get along fine. But I don't know if I still love him. Plus we have nowhere to live. But if we could be happy then I would want that for us and my son. Should we try counseling? I sugggested dating each other as well as other people.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• It certainly can't hurt to try counseling, especially since you have a child together. But I would advise against dating. Regardless of your feelings, you're still married. And to date other guys while married is just not right.... Find out if you can work things out with your husband first. If not, get a divorce and THEN start worrying about dating other men.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 1:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• why did you seperate to begin with? if it wasnt cheating or abuse, i say give it another slow go
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• OP- we just didn't get along. He always wanted to go out with his friends and not spend time with us. But he says no he realizes he was selfish and he misses us. And it wasn't all his fault and I know I need to change a lot of things too.
    Anonymous

• Yea, u guys should try counseling. I don't think u guys should rush into getting back together but it will be better to work it out first apart. Just in case it doesn't work out the second time. Btw it's good to hear a woman admit her faults too instead of blaming it all on the man..GL hun
    Anonymous

• My husband and I was separated for several years. We didn't date anyone else. The separation I think saved our marriage because it allowed us to see what we were doing wrong. It took awhile to get back on track but it was very worth it. I suggest you only try if you are willing to look at what you did to contribute to the problems. He has to do the same. It sounds like you are already both doing that. I read somewhere that married couples that are unhappy are much happier if they are still together in 5 years. Sometimes you have to keep working at it and wait out the hard times. If he has all the basic qualities that you want then I would do counseling and try to rebuild what you had.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 2:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I just read and article bout this if it has come to tthe point of break up and separation its time to consider all options, Good or bad look for the positive things and negative what works for both of you. If there is no love it makes it hard, but sometimes you think there is NO LOVE until you try again. You both have had time apart from each other and have tried and been apart. If you try again you can see if it works and let each other know what you want from him and he wants from you. It wont hurt to try :D just open your eyes you have options always.

Anonymous

• Give it a second chance. Try counseling if you can. Being married is not always a bed of roses you know
    Anonymous