Does anyone know where I can get maternity Insurance?

Hi! I nned to get maternity insurance, my boyfriend and I have decided that we want to start a family, but insurance companies are being very tiresome. We are not pregnant yet but I want to be prepared, does anyone know where I can get good maternity coverage? Or just maternity coverage I really need help. Thank you.

Rmmason

Asked by Rmmason at 1:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• never heard of it
    Anonymous

• What the hell is maternity insurance, and who told you it eixists? I have never heard of this...
    I think somebody made it up.
    Anonymous

• It covers what your regular insurance doesn't cover when you're pregnant. But I don't think you can get it unless you ARE pregnant.
    Anonymous

• There is a kind of maternity savings program. I suggest you get regular insurance though. Those savings programs are a rip. Try http://www.assuranthealth.com/corp/ah/

They found us affordable insurance coverage when I was laid off two years ago. Oh and btw, most insurance companies require you to be on the plan for at least 6 months before your covered for maturnity care. So I hope your not TTC right at this moment.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• You can add maternity coverage to almost any health insurance policy but it is expensive and you need to make sure there isn't a waiting period before coverage begins. Sometimes it's as long a a year. Maybe in that time you two could get married and make sure a baby is the right step for you! good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• If you or your man can get health insurance through your jobs, most of those have some type of maternity coverage. If neither of you have health insurance you can apply for medicaid once you're pregnant, but do you really want to PLAN to go on public assistance??
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2010