How am I doing? (I just started walking at my pace...)

What happens if I made this small change this is day 2 for me on walking on the treadmill I only did 15 mins. bc it seems if I do too much I will get discouraged and never do it again for a long time (babysteps) not to mention ugh!!! it makes this noise while it is on I asked my dh to adjust it he said he would but hasn't yet and that too is discouraging for me he says that I am making excuses not to do any type of activity...lol I said no I am not...but he could be right...but that noise is annoying.
Oh and the eating part uh...I just eat what I used to but less of it and drink lots more water.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• you definatly gotta change what you eat. & you probably should step it up and start working out more. youll feel great once you really start loosing weight.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Try some music in your ears to camouflage the noise, it also motivates you to keep going, I mean music that makes you want to move! baby steps are fine as long as you increase time as you go, and make it consistently!!!

Answer by older at 1:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Sometimes you just have to find an exercise that you like. I was really bad about never sticking with workouts. I mean sometimes I wouldn't even make it through a week lol. I finally tried Turbo Jam and have been working out 5-6 times a week ever since. It's so much easier to stick to it when it's fun :) If you want to keep with the treadmill I agree with older try some music! If you really want to see results you're going to need to change the way you eat. www.sparkpeople.com is a great website to try :)
    hillaryann

Answer by hillaryann at 1:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i think that is fine for baby steps! keep it up, the reduced portions, the water, the walking! after some time you may want to walk longer or faster or change the ramp! you can always ask us for advice if you hit a plateau!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2010