Damn it, I want an answer.

This is for Christians that contest gay marriage - Why do you only contest gay marriage and not any other marriage that is "against god"? Why are you not protesting non-christian marriages? Why single out homosexuals in particular? How do you reconcile this disparity?

deadheadjen

Asked by deadheadjen at 1:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Religious Debate

• i personally think all christians should be forced to go live on island together away from the rest of society since they dont like us all so much
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Good luck with this one!!!

Answer by older at 1:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Uhhh, I also don't support polygynous or polyandrous marriages. Nor "triad" marriages, Nor marriages between 1st cousins or siblings.
    Anonymous

• I'm serious. There are many christians on CM and in this folder in particular that are vocal against gay marriage. If you are so staunch in your displeasure with it, explain how there aren't marches in Washington against atheist marriage and why non-christian marriages aren't being voted on at a state level.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• "i personally think all christians should be forced to go live on island together away from the rest of society"

- Wow! history does repeat itself. It just sometimes chooses different religions to be the focus of such historically repetitive opinions.
    Anonymous

• That's fine, Anon. What I'm questioning is - Why are you not trying deny marriages rights to those marriages that are "against god" that are currently legal? If you're against marriages that are against god, why aren't you against ALL of them, including non-christian ones? Or are you just hypocritical and have something against gays?
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• No matter the answer, it is up to the individual to decide their own opinions. I think this is a good question for our government. Again, no matter the answer from christians, gay marriage is still illegal (In most states.)
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I'm not asking the government. I'm asking women who are against gay marriage based on the fact that the bible/their religion tells them it's against god. How is my atheist marriage not against god? Where is your righteous indignation? Where are the protests to eliminate non-christian marriages? Why will no christian have the courage to answer the question at hand?
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• For me, at least, I don't judge any marraige. I think if someone is so in love with a person, it is their right to marry them and have just as many benefits from that as any other marraige.

I was raised a Christian, have Christian parents, went to a Christian church, and still do. No one has any right to judge anyone, even Christians. Now, I do not like to label myself a Christian because I honestly do not think that God wants us to "follow a religion", but to just listen to Him and to trust in Him. Do what He tells us to do.

You people who think it's ok to call names, and judge one another, you need to get a life. And if someone does have something against people who are gay, then that is their opinion, and it shouldn't bother anyone. Everyone is different and has different points of view. I sure don't let things so little and petty get me all worked up. It's not worth my energy to waste it.
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 1:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• im against anything that God is against, everything
    Anonymous

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
when did u feel your baby?