is 14 months old to young to potty train?

my daughter will be 15 months on friday and she has been trying to learn to potty since nov.23,2008 she wanting to do it on hner own she knows where the bathroom is says "mommy peepee" any advice can help please i dont want to feel i am pushing her into it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just let her lead. if she wants to learn and try, let her
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• If she wants to then try it but a lot of children who learn early have to be retrained later. So don't be punishing her if a yr from now she regresses
    Anonymous

• is she is ready let her. my dd was ready at 18 mts. every childis different
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• They say 18-24 mos to begin potty training... At 13 mos I introduced the potty and dd started learning at 18 mos but she suddenly stopped. I had to hide the potty for Couple mos and now at 26 mos she's datime potty trained. You can keep encouraging her but she could regress later! Right now let her lead but when she quits (if she does) give her a short break!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 6:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• never to young to start. :-) good luck.
    MetalMomma10

Answer by MetalMomma10 at 7:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Sounds like my little one. She has a big sister and so she started wanting to sit on the potty around that age. I was doubtful she'd have the bladder control for ditching the diapers so early, but now I'm sure she could do it (just turned 17 months). Now she only poops on the potty... she pees in there once or twice a day... The only thing keeping me from ditching the diapers today is that I don't have a few days to stay home and make sure she fully gets it (we did that method with my other daughter at 19 months and she had had no real experience with the potty before that). But 14 months didn't used to be considered young. Just let her sit when she wants to... never deny her that if she's asking to go! And just help her be conscious about what's happening there. That's the first step!
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 7:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• No, I think it would be wrong not to encourage her. She is asking to do it, and asking for help. My baby is 16 months old, and I haven't changed a poop in over a month. That goes in the potty. Pee goes everywhere, sadly! Diapers, bathtub, sometimes potty. oh well!
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 10:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2010