For anyone who does not believe in god.

Why not? what would it hurt? if you die and there is a heaven and you go there for believeing that would be good right? and if there really isnt a heaven then what would it have hurt you to believe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Don't you think your all knowing god would know we were just hedging our bets? Or doesn't he care and lip service is enough for him?
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• because it is hypocritical to say I believe in something that I don't just to be PC
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Than why do you not believe in Thor? What could it hurt? If valhalla is real wouldn't you want to go there? What could it hurt right? What about Zeus? I heard tartarus is really bad for those that make the gods mad. It can be really good if you please them though. If you are going to believe just in case than how do you pick which god/ goddess to believe in. If you think on it Christians are more like atheist than any other religion. We just have one more god on our list.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• For one I cannot force myself to believe in anything. I have no valid reasons to do so. I also do not feel that this alleged loving and just god would deny me heaven simply because I have reasonable doubt in it's existence. If it does it really isn't worthy of worship anyway and I certainly wouldn't want to spend eternity with it. So really what have I lost by not believing?? Not a thing if god is loving and just as christians claim. Besides What if there's a god, but not the one you believe in?? Wouldn't you be in as much danger as you claim we are?? There are just too many gods to choose from to know which one is right and essentially you just turned eternity into a crap shoot. Gambling is against the bible isn't it?? :)
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• what an ignorant question
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 1:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Why don't you believe in Odin? What would it hurt? If you die and end up in Hel with your ancestors anyway, what difference does it make? Meanwhile you'd have a shot at Valhalla or Folkvangr if you did believe.

(ugh I feel dirty now, how do people actually proselytize on a regular basis)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• your all ignorant not this question
    Anonymous

• Why are we ignorant? You believe in your god and that is great for you. Others beilieve in other gods for other reasons and it works well for them. WHo is to say which is right? If we don't know until we die and there is no solid proof only faith to go on than no way to tell who is right. With no way to tell who is right than believing just in case is taking a gamble on who to believe.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 1:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I needed a laugh...

what would it hurt? well- It would put a big effing dent in my sanity for starters.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• The color I am typing this in is blue.  You must believe it is blue. Can you do it?? Can you believe in your heart the color of the font is blue??  Yeah I can't believe in your god because every fiber of my being is seeing evidence to the contrary. Just like you cannot believe the color is blue because your eyes know it is orange.

Anonymous