Why do you think it is okay to circ?

Gogogo

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• I don't. My son is intact.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 1:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• because i personally know men who were elderly have to get it done. i know a kid who is now in 2nd grade half a year behind because in K he got an infection in there and had to be in the hospital getting the infection to clear. having the circ and healing.. i didnt want my son to remember it.... it seems like a LOT of men who dont get cut at birth have to get it done later and i wanted to spare him... along with dh insisting that his son wouldnt be the freak in the locker room...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Because I have never seen a teenager or adult man act/say he's pissed because his parents circumcised him. I have, however, seen teen/men who were pissed that they had it done when they would remember because their parents didn't do it as babies.

Baby girls ear piercing is completely cosmetic, has the risk of infection, and hurts. But parents do it.

Vaccines can have bad side effects, they hurt to get them done, but parents do it.

Parents try to make the best choices for their babies and children. Some people agree, some don't. And that's fine. I was a formula feeding, occasional spanking, vaccinating, circumcising, co-sleeping, mommy. Because that's how I seen fit to do things. You don't have to agree or do things the same way. Just respect my choices and I'll respect yours.
    GothicMommy3

Answer by GothicMommy3 at 1:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• For starters, it's cleaner. I know, I know. As long as you keep it clean, it shouldn't get any infections. However, most teenage boys aren't super worried about cleanliness and I'm not going to clean my son's penis his entire life. Secondly, it looks better circumcised. People can argue that, but the truth is, every woman I've ever discussed it with finds uncircumcised penis' gross. I don't want my son to ever go through that, as much as I hate to think of a woman ever even seeing his penis, lol. Also, penile cancer is relatively unheard of in circumcised males. There are also problems that can arise as an uncircumcised penis is growing, where the skin doesn't grow as it's supposed to. Lastly, I dated a guy when I was 17 who wasn't circumcised and hated it so much that he opted for the surgery when he was 17 years old, and let me tell you...it was MUCH worse at that age. I don't want my son to ever feel ashamed of his penis.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Because I have never seen a teenager or adult man act/say he's pissed because his parents circumcised him. I have, however, seen teen/men who were pissed that they had it done when they would remember because their parents didn't do it as babies."

Exactly. I also want to add that while some doctors don't fully numb the area beforehand, my son's doctor did, with a shot. Other than the shot, when he cried for maybe 30 seconds, he acted as though he felt absolutely nothing.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• saying the circ rate in my county in 40 cut% to 60% intact YOUR son WILL be the freak.
    If properly cared for an intact penis will never cause a problem. I'm 2nd generation American and NO ONE in the Old Country is cut. There are NO problems there. It seems that American doctors don't know how to properly care of an intact penis and tell new parents wrong information.
    Circ'd penises have more problems.
    Anonymous

• Baby girls ear piercing is completely cosmetic, has the risk of infection, and hurts. But parents do it.

Circumcision is ALSO purely cosmetic, which is why insurance companies won't pay for it.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• circumcised infants are less likely to develop urinary tract infections, especially in the first year of life. UTIs are about 10 times more common in uncircumcised compared with circumcised infants. However, even with this increased risk of UTI, only 1% or less of uncircumcised males will be affected.

Circumcised men may also be at lower risk for penile cancer, although the disease is rare in both circumcised and uncircumcised males. Some studies indicate that the procedure might offer an additional line of defense against sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV.

Penile problems, such as irritation, inflammation, and infection, are more common in uncircumcised males. It's easier to keep a circumcised penis clean, although uncircumcised boys can learn how to clean beneath the foreskin once the foreskin becomes retractable (usually some time before age 5).

Anonymous

• TROLL!
    Anonymous

• Because as a mom, i wouldnt know how to teach my son to clean it...and ive seen what the infections look like when an uncirc. penis gets a yeast infection or such...its gross...
    Anonymous