how do you get i1 yr old asllep without rocking her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I only occasionally rock my son (5 months old), so he's already used to falling asleep on his own. It's a hard transition, though. I used to always rock him, but it got so that he would wake up as soon as I laid him down, or within 30 minutes exactly, and i had to go through the whole process again. I finally reverted to letting him cry it out. I know there is a lot of controversy surrounding cry-it-out, but after trying many things, that was the only thing that worked. I hated doing it, but now he usually falls asleep quite easily by himself (and now I can rock him to sleep occasionally without a problem). Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I rocked all my children. At one, I rocked them until they were very drowsy. Now when the lights are low, I rock, kiss, and cuddle my 22 month for about 4-5 minutes, lay him down in the crib with a toy and a blankie. It took some crying and some gentle patting at first to get used to it. Once I lay him down, I never pick him back up. Stick with it. As your baby gets older it gets easier. So you can continue to rock her if you like. Its a good routine.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2010