If you lose 1 tube due to a tubal pregnancy...how hard is it to get pregnant again?

I know that you body randomly picks the side it will ovulate from each month. Sometimes it's left, then left, then right, then left, then right, then right, left, right, left, left, left, right...and so on but if you only have 1 tube will your body accomadate and start only ovulating on 1 side or will you not ovulate some months or will your body attempt to ovulate on the side with no tube but not sucees?

Sorry so many questions...Just curious as to how difficult it will be to concieve with only 1 tube.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think your body would try to ovulate from the side the tube was removed from because the eggs are already formed in that ovary. So it's probably about half the chance of getting pregnant each month. But you still never know. My cousin had a tube removed and still got pregnant the first month trying. Good luck!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 2:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• use the ovulation test they should help you out a lot to make it a little easier!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 3:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Your body still ovulates from the side that has no tube or blocked tube. I had an ectopic pregnancy and now one of my tubes is blocked with scar tissue. They did a dye test to verify this. I was able to get pregnant with the help of Clomid, a fertility drug that makes it so you ovulate from both sides each month.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2010