How is this even fair?!

My husband and I lost our house (house fire) and now cannot afford a new house or even paying rent. So we are living with his parents. There are 6 of us in this 3 bedroom house (me, him, our daughter, his mom, his dad, and his younger brother who is 17.) I understand that because I stay at home with my daughter, I need to take care of some household chores, I am perfectly fine with that...BUT...these people are sooooooo dirty that I have to clean the entire house EVERYDAY. They leave their dirty dishes sitting on the couch, the floor, the table. They throw there dirty clothes on the table or floor or stairs. They leave trash that the dog ripped open laying wherever he left it...they NEVER do dishes...they expect me to do ALL of the house work, and then they proceed to tell me I am a neglegent mother because I leave my daughter playing in the livingroom while I clean their...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• looks like they lucked out and got a live-in maid
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• messes up all damn day. They never even bother to so much as say thank you. And then by the time they go to bed at night the house is a complete mess again, so I have to wake up and do it all over again. My husbands brother DOES NOTHING. His parents NEVER even ask him to help clean, take out the trash, mow the lawn...thats all on me. And if it doesnt get done RIGHT AWAY I get yelled at. WTH!?! How is this fair? Aside from moving out, since that is NOT an opion, how can I fix this problem? I was considering taking everything the own and throwing it outside so that they cant make a mess....0.o
    Anonymous

• Yo're not going to want to hear this but it is THEIR house should you have to clean up after them? Absolutely not but if you aren't paying rent and are living in their house for free then cleaning up is the least you can do. They shouldn't be yelling at you and since you're an adult then you should stand up for yourself and tell them that you are doing the best you can and that yelling isn't going to get it cleaned up any faster. There is nothing you can do but figure out how to move out, because it's probably going to be just the same for as long as you two are staying there. BTW, did you not have insurance on your house?
    Anonymous

• Looks like you need to have a sit down family meeting and set some guidelines.

Anonymous

• Im guessing you did not have insurance on your house I feel for you but thatsthe price you pay..have you tried low income housing the economy has really messed things up for people I hope it gets better soon

Anonymous

• For the time being you do what you can they obviously don't like to be clean don't worry soon you will get a place of your own again I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation you are in. Just hang in there and do what you can to get by don't over do yourself bc they are obviously just letting you do it and/or don't care. So when you are out of there it probably won't even phase them "do it for you and your family" you do this bc you just don't like to live like pigs. You feel obligated bc you are a SAHM.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Everyone has to have insurance on a home if they have a mortgage. Unless the house if paid off. Banks require house insurance.

Anonymous

• They figure that since they aren't getting any money for having 3 extra people living there, they are gonna get their money's worth out of you in work! Have your hubby talk to them. I know it's hard on everybody--sepecially you, but you have to let them know that you aren't their slave.
    Anonymous

• unless you want them to throw you out on the street, I wouldn't suggest throwing their stuff outside

sounds like you all need to put on your big boy/girl panties and have an adult conversation
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• The only solution is to move out; it is their home and they can do what they like (I lived with my very neat ils for a year--that has it's own hardships ;o)

You should apply for every social service you can; particularly Section 8 housing.

Really, your husband bears the responsibility to stand up for you to his parents.
    Anonymous