High School Showers? Do your kids use them?

My kids have first period physical ed class. They are not allowed to shower after class? Yuck? Smelly? My kids are very clean people and are really upset they are not allowed to use the showers at school.

The excuse: no time for that. They must go on the rest of the school day feeling nasty. They DO apply antiperspirant/deodorant. Thank goodness for that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• how come they cannot shower??
    Anonymous

• I think you could have asked the same question in at least 2 more categories!! LOL

but i would chat with the school. if the kids want a shower after PE they should be allowed
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• There is no time. The kids are in PE activities from the start of class til the bell rings. And if your HS showers are anything like the showers at the HS my kids attend, they are NASTY and you wouldn't want your kids using them. My daughter had PE 3rd period last semester followed by marching band 4th period. She was one nasty child for most of the fall. She carried deoderant and body spray with her and used it when she could after PE/Health and Marching Band.
    I know of very few schools that allow for showering after PE classes. Partly because by not allowing time for it - it cuts out a lot of the teasing that used to happen because of being naked in the showers.
    Anonymous

• HOW SANITARY IS THAT? Wow, disgusting! They should be allowed to shower.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Feb. 10, 2010