?????????

so im scheduled for a c section on friday m orning i went to my ob today an she checked me im 3cm dialated an soft what the hec is this supposed to mean?????im 38 weeks they are taken my son out because i was diagnosedwith gestastional diabeities an baby looks good but big he is almost 8lbs so they chose to schedule the section! by the way its my 3rd

ohmama213

Asked by ohmama213 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Not much~ just that your cervix is preparing for labor. It's a little open and ripening. It can be like that for many weeks or just hours before labor.

Did you want to avoid a cesarean or are you okay with it? Have you used this OB in the past?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• They scheduled you for a C-section because they "think" he might be too big? You are already dialating...and your cervix is already soft and thinnning out. You may not make it until Friday. You might go before. Chances are, you may not even need a c-section if he comes soon.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I am wondering too, are you ok with that? 8 pounds isn't to big at all..
    Dani41780

Answer by Dani41780 at 3:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• problem is ladies i has an emergency c section with my son failure to progress so here in ma once a c section always these doctors are scared of uterine ruptures an baby an mama so i had no other choice so i was hopen my water breaks before friday but not sure if it will!!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• You do have some choices... It is always your choice to consent/decline medical procedures-- especially now, they can't force you, it's too late to *not* attend your VBAC. Always your call! ;-)
    The doctors are actually preferring repeat elective cesareans for convenience (not safety first).

Your water might break before labor, but usually it breaks later in labor. For many, it never breaks at all! (But don't waste any energy expecting it, hehe.)

Know the facts about risks so you can choose for yourself and your baby-- YOUR priority, even if it's no one else's...
    Health & safety for you and your baby are probably your priority~ it's not too late to learn more about this.

Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i had a section to. Just remeber WALKWALK WALK the second your able to, i did and my daughter is 6weeks old u cant even tell i had her now.
    Anonymous