Would you also be a part of a site open to moms/dads if this site were still moms only?

There were questions earlier that made me think. Legit concerns that men would come here try to use this site as a dating site and hook up with vulnerable women (very possible) if this site were open to men. I do think it’s good to have a mom’s sanctuary where we can share tips but I also think that we as women in relationships with our male counterparts have times where an outside male perspective would’ve helped.

The question I have is if there were still CafeMom where it’s female and moms only. Then they made a site for fathers, CafeDad, where it’s men and dads only. Then they made a third site for all parents, CafeParents, where the rules were no pic's allowed just pre-made icons, and site rules was much like the Moms and Dads site set up to share parenting questions and idea's would you be a member to both moms and parents site or just cafemom because who cares what dads or guys think on parenting?

Knightquester

Asked by Knightquester at 2:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• nope I would not
    associating with males online KNOWINGLY in an intimate setting is innapropriate to my marriage vows
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Umm...I dont know..I'de really have to think about that one. Really..the only male opinion that matters to me is my SO's.(well..and my sons too,lol)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• huh? Can you talk to men in real life sati769leigh? I'd be cool with what you're suggesting knightquester.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I would. We had some very nice dad 's with real concerns on Clubmom.
    Anonymous

• Yes.

I posted that original question because I thought it was an interesting concept as i stated, women's magazines have men contributors with "their side" so to speak it would be fun to have a guy's side in some issues like religion and relationships only. Men are going to come here regardless, just hidden as a female, it's not like the cafemom admins come knocking on your door to verify if you are a female or not. So they are still lurking in the shadows even if you don't "see" them here. I think some of the people who replied missed the point of what i was saying. They got rather upset although maybe i just misinterpreted their tone and sarcasm hard to tell when you aren't face to face.

I belong to a pagan network, yet they allow non pagans/christians to be members because there are various viewpoints that both sides can learn from being on the site. See things from a "different perspective". That's all i was saying.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 2:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Online conversations can sometimes be very intimate. I just would not be comfy sharing the same way I share here
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I dont think there is a point to having a "cafeparents" ...it would just turn out like myspace or facebook or myyearbook or something....I mean, it isnt like we always talk about just our kids...I see alot more questions about other things ( and some are about sex and relationships etc.) ...eventually (sp) ..it wouldnt work out...you can easily talk to men about parenthood or whatever else on other sites... they could come up with a cafedad...but it wouldnt be anywhere near as popular as cafemom...because, really is there really that many dads who are going to get online just to talk to other dads... I feel this site is for women to get on here get advice and basically complain about our husbands/boyfriends and our kids.... I just dont see that many men doing the same....

glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 3:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I would do both. I think that's a good idea.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry sati769leigh but I don't understand your point given if it's a forum like any other site (which I post on many gender neutral sites) then it's being monitored and inappropriate posts get deleted just as this site; they can make restrictions if they feel the site has too many chances of intimate things happening, i.e., picture sharing and online person to person chat outside posts.

I see where your thought process is going glamomomo however the reason why this site isn't myspace, facebook... isn't because it's primarily women using it; it has to do with the site engineers, managers and admin working so well to form a good functioning site. To reiterate this site is monitored and if it were the same on any other site then I am betting there would be less concerns of improper behavior. As per the guys talking about raising children, relationships, politics and religion, I know more than handful that do.
    Knightquester

Answer by Knightquester at 4:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I like the idea. I would like a man's perspective on some things. Not just my husbands ideas.
    Anonymous