When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you "grew up"?

I had a few career choices as a kid. First, I wanted to be a singer. Then I wanted to be a veterinarian. And the last time I changed my mind, I wanted to be a child/teen psychologist.

All that went out the window when I started getting into photography as a teen. My dreams (since I was really young) of becoming a Wife and a Mom came true, now I dream of becoming a professional photographer and hope to be the female version Ansel Adams. I plan to really go for it once my Son starts school. =]

ajtherad

Asked by ajtherad at 2:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i wanted to be a heart surgeon since my grandpa was a doctor, but I don't like getting my finger pricked and I get nauseaus watching operations on tv, I couldnt imagine being in that field now LOL. I also wanted to be a tornado chaser. One thing I came very close to being was a radio dj. One of my first xmas presents I remember was a My First Sony cassette recorder. I used to record my own shows and make up my own songs. I ended up being a communications major in college w/ my focus on the radio airwaves and was a dj on the radio station and volunteered at a local radio station, but after I graduated I ended up moving to a small ass town in south georgia and became a stay at home mom hahaha
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I wanted to be a social worker, always, since age 6 or so.
    I still do, very badly.... but it's no longer an option since I'm officially legally blind now. You MUST drive to foster homes, court, etc etc

We're looking into doing foster care, which is the next best thing I suppose
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• a paramedic - then I was in a car accident and it was changed REALLY fast. lol

then I wanted to be a CHEF.

and thats what I did, and thats what I am.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• First I wanted to be a writer(and I actually still hang on to that one,lol) then I wanted to be a teacher then I wanted to be a child psychologist.
    Well...I did become a preschool teacher...and I am a child psychologist everyday trying to figure my 9 year old out! LOL
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 2:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• An artist and a mommy. I am both. I dream simple. Now I have three little artists running around.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Coroner. I sat through way too many Quincy reruns.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I wanted to be a teacher and mother. I got the mother part and ended up in a pharmacy.
    Anonymous