Boy's And Their Obsession With Their Genitals....HELP!

Hello Fellow Mama's, Its been a long time since ive been on here...i miss it! Anyhow..who better to ask but all of you...my 3 yr old is annoyed, obsessed, and upset over getting an erection. I know this is normal but is it normal to contantly have this problem and if so is their any suggestions to help him?? Since I never really babysat boys or had a brother, i am not sure how to help him or what to say bc its a constant issue. He says "it hurts" in public, anywhere. His dad is not in the picture and i try to ask my dad but he just tells him to ignore it and had nerve to tell him to cut it off(joking) but now thats what he says he wants to do. Please HELP!! I dont know how to help in this situation. Thank You gal's!!

1lovelymama

Asked by 1lovelymama at 2:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Health

• Any close male relatives that can have a man to man with your son? or a male dr?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 2:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• My son is almost 6 and we have never had this problem. I would say if he is having trouble to try talking to his dr. GL
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 2:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I had this issue with both of my boys before they were 5. I told them it is normal and okay....BUT we don't touch our private parts in publ;ic. If he wants to do that tell him he must go to his bedroom or the bathroom. No hands in the pants in public or in other parts of the house. It eventually calms down if you don't over react. I'd ;like to slap your Dad for telling a 3 year old to cut it off. THat is NOT helping. "It hurts" isn't far from the truth. pleasure and pain are very close together on the scale. He is having a hard time understanding the feeling. I don't wan't to depress you...but once the hit late tweens..it starts all over again. At one point we privately called one of my sons the king of masturbation. If he had 5 free minutes he was in the bathroom. It is normal;...set limits without shame or punishment.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2010