What do you think about this?

Sen. Christopher S. Bond regularly railed against President Obama's economic stimulus plan as irresponsible spending that would drive up the national debt. But behind the scenes, the Missouri Republican quietly sought more than $50 million from a federal agency for two projects in his state.

Mr. Bond was not alone. More than a dozen Republican lawmakers, while denouncing the stimulus to the media and their constituents, privately sent letters to just one of the federal government's many agencies seeking stimulus money for home-state pork projects.

The letters to the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), obtained through the Freedom of Information Act, expose the gulf between lawmakers' public criticism of the overall stimulus package and their private lobbying for projects close to home.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2010/feb/09/stimulus-foes-see-value-in-seeking-cash//print/

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 2:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• typical... that's what I think
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• typical... that's what I think

me too.....they are all the same (no matter their party). Our government is so corrupt!

TERM LIMITS TODAY!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• When cameras are around they would say one thing and then they go to work to get more earmarks to their state ...Why? Election is coming!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• shrugs it isnt any surprise to me...as ive stated before in this forum the rpub party has their problems as well...and the stimulus was still one huge headache of a mistake.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• repub

and I always agree with term limits there are some who have been on that hill since the damn 70's
    tnmomofive

• They need to be called out and exposed. This sh*t has to stop... HELLOOOOOOO, our country is broke because of irresponsible spending. It's NOT ok. It doesn't seem to be getting better... Accountability is a MUST!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• That doesn't surprise me at all. What DOES surprise me is so many leaders and lawmakers (including Obama) seem to have not heard of the INTERNET!!! Seriously, where there is a blog, there is someone who will quickly disclose your "dirty little secret!") LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• It's annoying. It is time to put limits on their terms. Time to clean house.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I think this is exactly why the tea parties are so strong.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 7:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• What do you expect from politicians who have to reward those who financed their campaigns ?

Nothing to do with tea parties who only exist to crucify the President. You won't see a tea party crucifying a pork-barrelling republican lawmaker.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 3:11 AM on Feb. 10, 2010