Is there anything SAFE that I can give my DD to help her sleep while she is sick?

She has the flu and is fighting sleep like I've never seen before. Is there anything I can give her to help her fall asleep? She is 2 and pretty big for her age. She already went to the doc on Fri, but wasn't having trouble sleeping at the time. I'm waiting for them to call me back to see if I can get in or just to find out what I can give her, but thought I would check here while waiting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can give her a nice warm bath with vapor bubble bath and just give her tylenol. MIne is fighting off a bad cold right now...and I just layed her down for a nap...poor thing is exhausted. Shes only been laying down for 10 minutes and I already hear her begin to fuss and cough up there. Poor babies. :(
    If you find any other good ideas..let me know!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• childrens tylenol
    Anonymous

• i wouldn't do any tylenol, or motrin. i would ride it out. those meds are despite dr's suggesting them so readily, hard on a lo's body...and yours too for that matter. have you tried letting her sleep on the sofa with you close by? good luck, i know it is hard when our lo's are hurting :(
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2010