Intensive sex education for children as young as 10?

I so agree with the spokesmen for the NY Archbisop..this is trying to take things over that edge called TOO FAR..and treating those who teach absitnence and sex as something to be cherished and more then just a role in the hay..as the bad people..

Read the entire article please before giving your response..

link below

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 3:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Sheeit. Three is good. If I had known the difference between good touch/bad touch at that age, I would have bit my uncle and the neighbor's dix clean off.
    Anonymous

• Eeek..just read the article. I'd rather teach mine about it at home.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• hmmm we just had an 11 year old girl give birth recently.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 3:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• My daughter is 8 and in 2nd grade and had a speaker come to school talking about good touch and bad touch....I was a little shocked because they didn't let us KNOW first ..but I have no issue with it. They had Women against rape come in and talk to the kids

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• anon it didnt come across to me that they are just wanting to teach the difference between good touch/bad touch ..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• considering that 11 year olds are having babies and lots of parents are NOT educating their children I have to go with yes on this one
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i think kids should be taught about sex, especially with STD's going around. you are better off teaching your child about condoms then abstinence / or teaching both. i lost my virginity when i was 13. i think 10 is a good age to start.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 3:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• How many 11 yrs olds are having babies? and how many of them have ever even been taught that sex is not just a to be thought of as no big deal..like abstience teaches? There was also a study done not long ago ...ill try to find a link for it...that showed absitnence is a valuable lesson and it can work.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• My main beef is I do not think the government teaching little kids about sex esp to this extent is appropriate ..and it is up to the parents not the government.Whats next demand that they be taught this without parents permission?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2010