*sorry gross* blood clots during a period?

hey ladies, i really hate to ask this, but i keep having blood clots when on my cycle... not big, but not small either... maybe the size of a nickle? anyways, is this normal? i've had it for like 3 cycles now, and i never had it happen before, not really even after having my son... now there's clots, like atleast 7 a day. i don't have anything else abnormal about my body going on though... doctor says some women just get those... but i know my body and it has never done this before, it's wierding me out!

luvmymunchkin89

Asked by luvmymunchkin89 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Health

• It's normal. Your body cleans the lining of the uterus during your cycle. The blood clots are the tissue it removes.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Yup it is normal.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Yeah, it's normal. I've gotten them before and that was just a few years ago for the first time. It's only happened a few more cycles since then, thankfully. It freaked me out at first, but then I found out it's normal.
    Anonymous

• i never had them either. a friend said that is when you get cramps, when you pass a clot. do you have cramps? i never got those either. i think there is more to it than "it is normal". has your diet or exercise changed in any way? just curious.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• no cramps, but yah i've been loosing weight for like a year now... been on 2 different diets since than. but anyhoo, lol enough of you told me it's normal to not make me worry so much, thanks ladies!
    luvmymunchkin89

Answer by luvmymunchkin89 at 3:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2010