What is the best sling?

I am shopping around for a sling, what do you reccomend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i would HIGHLY reccomend either the Baby K'Tan sling, or the Moby Wrap, they wear very similar to eachother.

i have the K'tan, and i ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!! i have some severe shoulder problems, and i tried a baby bjorn and many others, w no success. the way that these 2 distribute the weight is like you are wearing nothing! i cant tell you enough how much i LOVE these products!
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I just got a baby k'tan for my baby who is due in 7 weeks. It's made really well and it looks like it will be wonderful.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 3:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• No Sew Sling. It's basically a long piece fo fabric that you wrap yourself. Much more comfortable then the premade slings. Also, my kids loved them.

Look up "No Sew Sling" on Youtube.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• a wrap!

absolutely WONDERFUL! wish I had it for my first two.

www.mamatoto.org has great info
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I LOVED my sleepy wrap! I could carry my son the same way he'd be in a sling, or upright. And it was SUPER comfortable, because it distributes the weight all over, instead of just on your shoulders. And it was very aptly named, he'd fall asleep the minute I'd put him in there, and believe me, he was NOT an easy baby to get to sleep at all...
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 3:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i absouletly love my Maya Wrap...i would look at their website....http//www.mayawrap.com. they are very comfortable and hold newborn up snug to your body...they can carry children up to 35 pounds and are great covers to if you plan to breastfeed. they have pockets too.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 4:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• The Moby wrap is the best. Google it. Slings never really worked for us. With a wrap, you have a lot of options, and they're not as hard to use as they may seem. I can't tell you how essential mine was. I got one for my best friend and she loved it too.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2010