How long do you think little boys should go into Womens bathrooms with Moms???

I think once they are 4 or older they should not..This year at the pool we go to I got so annoyed when Moms would bring in 6 or 7 year old boys into the lockerroom/bathroom when my daughters and I were changing/showering..What do you think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Some states have laws as to an age limit for children going with their parents into the opposite sex bathrooms
    Anonymous

• my 4 year old still goes in the womens room with me, unless there is a family restroom
    he is afraid to flush and can't reach to wash his hands
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Sorry, but I'm not sending my kid into a room full of strange men with their d*cks out until I'm good and ready to. Be he 5, 6, or 7, if I don't feel comfortable with it, I'm not going to do it. If dad can't take him, or isn't with us, he's coming with me.
    Anonymous

• I do not have boys but really, the mother should do so until she feels the little man will be safe on his own.  Until he is capable and comfortable with taking care of business on his own.  I have seen little boys as old as 8 come in to the restroom with their mother.  If handled right, I really have not had any issues.  Better safe than sorry.

FromAtoZ

Answer by FromAtoZ at 3:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I think you need to shut the curtain and change them in private if it bothers you so much. Why should someone else send a little boy into a room full of strange men just because you aren't comfortable around a little boy?
    Anonymous

• I am a single mom of two boys ages 7 and 8,I recently just moved and rode a Greyhound bus from Texas to NC. When we stopped there was no way I was going to send my two little boys into a mans bathroom where ANYTHING can happen. I do believe there are situations that no little boys over the age of 6 should go into a womans bathroom but then there are times that it just can't be avoided.
    mcghee05

Answer by mcghee05 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Yeah, like a six year old boy is concerned about a little girl's body. People like you are the reason kids have no concept of the human body and it's parts.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Anon :43, there are no curtains its a locker room and showers with no curtains..My 8 year old was upset little boys were looking at her..I didn't say I was uncomfortable ..Okay so you enjoy getting undressed in front of little boys?..Why does your child's(a boy) feelings come before mine?

Anonymous

• It depends on a number of things: 1. where you are at. 2. how crowded is it. 3. how mature is your child. 4. how you as a parent feel about it.
    My oldest boy is 8 and I just started letting him use the men's bathroom rather than joining me in the women's bathroom. He has ADHD and tends to screw around rather than "take care of business. Not to mention that I have 6 kids, so I need to make sure they are all acounted for.
    If he is the only one who needs to use the bathroom, fine - use the men's room and I'll wait by the door. But no way in (you know where) am I going to put my family in a position to have one of my angels obducted or abused by some sick perv.
    1Katrina

Answer by 1Katrina at 3:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• why not ask the gym to put up curtains

IMO, a public restroom and a shower are two completely different places.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2010