do you put your hands on your pregnant belly when u are in public?

i see some moms walk around and they have a very little pump on there belly and they walk all tilted back and stuff when they are not that far along. do u think its to get extra attention and they want ppl to know they are pregnant? or is it a natural thing to do in pregnany?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I think its for attention. My husband says he doesnt like when woman do that stuff because there not far along. I personally agree and i never did that until showed. But i also put my hands over my stomach to feel the baby move while i walked.
    aeroslove

Answer by aeroslove at 4:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i mean pregnancy at the end there.. lol
    Anonymous

• Maybe they are self conscious about feeling a little chubby and would rather look pregnant than fat. I don't know for sure... i know that's how I felt in the early months...
    Anonymous

• It could just be that they want everyone one to know that they are preggo and not fat! I celebrated the first time someone asked me when I was due in public because I thought my belly just looked like a muffin top lol. I do remember putting my hands on my belly every time I felt flutters, and that was around 18 weeks, so I wasn't that far along. I did it whether I was in public or not, but it wasn't for show. As a matter of fact, I'm 32 weeks now and I still put my hands on my belly every time he's squirming around in there. Doesn't matter where I am or what I'm doing, I give him a little rub.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 3:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i am 15 weeks now and notice my self putting my hands on my belly a little more but I have noticed it's because of the way I have turned or streached and it pulls or hurts or I get a shart pain.. so it's not really holding my belling it's grabbing the bottom of my belly..lol i still get cramping to so I will rub the bottom for that as well...

So what I am saying it might be attention for some and a different reason for others..
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 3:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i think its almost just a natural thing that happens. you get in mother mode and get excited i would do this out of no where without even thinking about it. being pregnant is an exciting thing.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• I do it when I'm pregnant. Not just in public, but alone as well...I loved holding my pregnant belly. I loved being pregnant. I've been pregnant three times, and did it all three times...and as soon as that baby bump is there even just a litte...I start holding it because I get excited!! But I do agree that there are people out there that LOVE attention. I, however, am not one of those people. That's my opinion.
    Anonymous

• I always had my hands on my stomach. I loved feeling the baby move. I also never showed. So while you think someone might not be very far along, they could be getting ready to give birth.
    Anonymous

• i usually have my hands full w my toddler lol.

i know i do it sometimes. im about 17 weeks, but already showing, and i have had a lot of round ligimant pain, ad sometimes applying a little pressure helps, so i think thats why i do it mostly. it does seem really natural though.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 5:36 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Sounds to me like they are just wanting the attention!
    mom9502

Answer by mom9502 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2010