was I wrong

right after the birth of my grandson my son in law got mad at me for not calling his family to announse the baby was here. the baby was only a couple minutes old! I was also asked to take pictures after the birth. He asked me to leave the room because his family was not there. I was so hurt. This was my daughter who was having the baby. My question is, is it my responsibility to call his family?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• no but out of all the craziness it would have been the nice thing to do. dont beat yourself up about it though.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• With everyone having a cell phone these days, he should have been the one to call them... They are his family anyway.. IMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• All responsibilty is on the parent(s), IMO, unless your SIL made previous arrangements with you to call. Did he communicate with you at all?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• why was his family not there? if they were just unable to be then he should have asked you before the birth to do that for him if that is what he wanted. I really think he should have called though. that's his news not yours.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• That was what he was suppose to do, not you. Pretty nasty son in law!

Answer by older at 4:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• i don't think you did anything wrong at all. try not to hold it against him, who knows what was going on in his head at the time. try to pretend it never happened, and really enjoy your new grand baby!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• LOL no not your job! I would just blow him off and hope he gets his head out his a$$!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• No, it doesn't seem that you were in the wrong, but I do agree that with all the commotion, he might have overreacted, and I'd also suggest pretending it didn't happen (unless HE'S holding a grudge, then obviously I'd suggest trying to talk it out)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Sounds like your SIL was out of line. It should be up to the new parents to call! Don't let him make you feel bad.
    mom9502

Answer by mom9502 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• No, def. not your job!! What a jerK!
    Anonymous