Do you consider WIC PA?

I've herd it is and its not so how do you view it? Is WIC considered PA to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• Its a nutrition supplemental program based on a more liberal allowed income than other programs but yes, its still PA
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• For me anything you get to help your family afford things or get things is PA.
    Anonymous

• Yes
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Yes it is. There are income requirements that go into qualifying for it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Aid given to financially needy people by gov't agencies = public assistance. So yes, it is.
    Anonymous

• In my state, ALMOST EVERY pregnant woman and child qualifies for WIC. You have to have an income of over $60,000 to NOT qualify. I don't see it as PA simply because our health department askes every woman who is pregnant to sign up. Even if they DO NOT need the help. I got WIC on myself when I was pregnant with our twins and on the twins and WE DID NOT need the help.

I have to go to nutrition classes once month and am given all kinds of healthy recipes and such.
    palexander

Answer by palexander at 4:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Anon :20 in some states WIC is privately funded by Catholic Charities and is NO LONGER funded by a government agency.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Yes I do think WIC is PA. Then again, I've never heard of other charities funding WIC. If that is the case, it's NOT PA.
    Anonymous

• Mom to Jack...WHAT???

Program Delivery

WIC is not an entitlement program as Congress does not set aside funds to allow every eligible individual to participate in the program. WIC is a Federal grant program for which Congress authorizes a specific amount of funds each year for the program. WIC is

administered at the Federal level by FNS
    administered by 90 WIC state agencies, through approximately 46,000 authorized retailers.
    WIC operates through 2,000 local agencies in 10,000 clinic sites, in 50 State health departments, 34 Indian Tribal Organizations, the District of Columbia, and five territories (Northern Mariana, American Samoa, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands).
    Anonymous

• Oh and YES, it is a GOV program! (PA)
    Anonymous