Would you call DCF on someone for this...

She has a 7 month old and a 28 month old. She has Early Intervention involved with the 28 month old due to speech problems, so a woman goes to her house once a week, and the little girl goes to group once a week. The mom sleeps in until 10-11am sometimes. (but sometimes the kids are up until like 11pm even though they are put to bed at 9 they stay up and laugh with each other. Do you think this mom deserves to get DCF (child services) involved and possibly lose her 28 month old to her abusive ex boyfriend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• since you didnt tell us DIDLY NO
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• can you explain? so far there is no cause to call DCFS
    sati769leigh

• If this is the extent of the story..........then no I would not call. It would not have even been within the realm of thoughts in my head.
    TLALONDE16

Answer by TLALONDE16 at 4:24 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• They say it's neglectful because the kids are in bed that late, not fed, and not changed, but if they are up that late, why would it matter? they don't have diaper rashes or anything like that, so how is it neglectful? i don't get it....

-OP-
    Anonymous

• early intervention people are state mandated reported so ............
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 4:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• No.

Answer by older at 4:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2010

• Not at all.
    Anonymous

• Why call DCF?? I have always been a night owl and my kids stay up later than most kids and we all sleep in until 10-11, what is wrong with that???People have different lifestyles and body rhythms, just because her kids don't go to bed at 8 o clock she is a bad Mom??

Anonymous

• No I don't think it's a reason to call DCF and put that family through that just because they don't live on your schedule. I think you need to keep your nose out of other peoples business that doesn't concern you.
    Anonymous

• That is absurd there is no reason to call and DCF would most likely laugh in your face about it because there is no real reason for it.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2010