Eating Parmesan While Pregnant?

I go to a italian resturant once a week and tonight I just realized on there pizza bread they have parmesan cheese on it also, the grated stuff... but it's been melted I think.... but either way if it isn't is the grated parmesan cheese not good to eat during pregnancy? Like the stuff you sprinkle on spaghetti?

Is parmesan pasteurized most times, I mean since it is such a little italian resturant I'm thinking it might not be... totally stressing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• its fine its just cheese i eat all types of cheese like crazy lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2008

• I don't think that you have any reason to worry...lol...I know I piled it on my spaghetti today. I think what you have to worry about is soft cheeses like brie. And yes, its usually pasteurized. I wouldn't worry about that with the restaurant either...you can only use cheese/milk/juice that isn't pasteurized for a couple days before it spoils so it wouldn't make sense for them to buy cheeses they might not use all of in a few days. Probably stressing for nothing.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2008

• I ate cheese like crazy when I was pregnant. Especially the cheesebread from pizza hut!!
    hailee2006

Answer by hailee2006 at 9:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2008

• cheese is good for you dont worry.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 10:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2008

• Parmesan is ok it is pasteurized. It is the soft cheeses that are a problem sometimes but if you check the labels you will find that many of those here in the U.S. are pasturized.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 11:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2008

• actually most cheese is good for you during pregnancy. even pasteurized is alright. a PP said brie isn't ok, but it is. I eat it all the time. It's goat cheese you're not supposed to eat. Next time you go to the dr, ask about the cheeses to stay away from. Most likely, you'll never come across it.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2008